- This is a notice to inform you of our policy about all information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
- We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our guest house are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
- We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.
- Our policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regard to the processing and control of your personal data. We do this by the provision of this privacy notice which can be found on our web site and also in the ‘Guest information folder located in each bedroom.
- We do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected by us.
The basis on which we process information about you
The law requires us to determine under which of six defined bases we process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category. If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant, then we shall immediately stop processing your data. If the basis changes then if required by law, we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information.
Information we process because we have a contractual obligation with you
When you make a booking with us you agree to our terms and conditions and a contract is formed between you and us. In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information.
We may use it in order to:
● verify your identity for security purposes
● sell products to you
● provide you with our services
● provide you with suggestions and advice on services
We process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal contract.
We shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
Information we process because we have a legal obligation
We are subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, we must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation. For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request it.
Information relating to your method of payment of payment
You have a choice of payment method. You can pay over the phone with your debit card. In this instance you card details will be put straight into the card machine for which compliance has been adhered to. They will not be written down or stored at all. Or you can pay by cheque, in which case the cheque will be paid into the bank within 3 days with no information being taken from it.
Access to your own information own information
You can ask us at any time to see what information we hold about you
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner\’s Office.
Retention period for personal data
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
● to provide you with the services you have requested
● to comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities
● to support a claim or defence in court.We may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary.